I. Policy: Employee Evaluations
II. Who Does This Policy Affect?
This policy applies to all non-faculty employees of the College. Collective bargaining language will be followed for employees who are represented by a bargaining unit.
The College is committed to providing timely and relevant feedback to employees about their job performance, advancement opportunities, areas of strength and areas for improvement and development. The College has develop a performance management program to:
- Stress the importance of personal improvement on the part of the employee so that they are positive contributors to the mission and value of the College.
- Establish a process of continuous and systematic evaluation and feedback that identifies specific areas in which the employee may need additional support and/or relevant development opportunities.
- Provide career planning for the employee as well as assist the college in succession planning.
IV. Policy Statement
The College strives to have employees evaluated on at least an annual basis or as determined by the collective bargaining agreements.
The President or his/her designee shall develop procedures to implement this policy.
VI. Responsible Party for Administration and Enforcement
Office of Human Resources
VII. Related Documents
• Employee Collective Bargaining Agreements
• Employee Evaluation Procedures (link)
VIII. Policy History
a. Current Policy Approved by Board: December 18, 2017
b. Previous Revisions: February 20, 1995
c. Previous Policy Section: Professional Staff; Previous Policy No.: 4600
This policy supersedes and replaces any and all policies related to this subject